Friday 19 October 2007

It's official...


Found this on a blog... I felt compelled to fill it out, as I am now officially a Stay-At-Home Wife.

Enjoy.....

Aprons- Y/N? No, but I do wash my hands a lot while cooking

Baking- Favorite thing to bake? Cake from a box... easy and delicious.

Clothesline- Y/N? No, but I do dry things on a clothes-horse type dryer.

Donuts- Ever made them? No, I don't really eat donuts.

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? Dishes, or clean the cats box.... yuck.

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? Technically, yes. The fridge is separate from the freezer, but we want to get ANOTHER freezer (to hold all of the frozen meat for Malcolm)

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? No, never had one, so I don't know what it would even be like.


Ironing- Love it or hate it? Since I don't have a job I don't really iron anything. I'm a bad housewife because I make Malcolm iron all of his own shirts.

Junk Drawer- Where is it? We mostly have junk 'piles', at least one in every room.

Kitchen- Design and decorating? Well, since we're renting and Malcolm is paranoid about me just putting ONE nail in the wall for a picture, I daren't touch anything in the kitchen. Except the horrid light fixture that was in there when we moved in. It made this weird dim red glow, not the kind of lighting that is practical in the kitchen. That thing is gone gone gone.

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? Eating bon bons while drinking champagne and petting the cat. Oh, I crack myself up... Probably sleeping in.

Mop- Y/N? Yes, we own a mop. No we've never used it.

Nylons- Wash them by hand or in the washer? Well, lets see... I live in a country that's freezing even in the middle of summer, and I try to avoid showing my legs, so lets say N/A.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? Both, Opening the oven to check makes my contacts dry out...


Pizza- What do you put on yours? Pepperoni and black olive.

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? They're pretty much all quiet since the only pittier patter of little feet comes from the cat, and he likes to sleep more than I do. I mostly tidy the house so Malcolm can come home and mess it up again.

Recipe card box- Y/N? I have acquired several books since I've gotten married. My fav is one that my aunt made with all of the family recipes.

Style of house- Converted house... it's a typical flat.

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? Umm, no

Under the kitchen sink- Cleaning stuff, and not surprisingly, pipes

Vacuum- How many times a week? We have hardwood floors, so I don't vacuum. But I do dust bust on our one rug. It only takes getting down on my knees and scraping out all of the cat hair with my fingers to get it clean. That cat is lucky that he's so cute...

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? 4? Maybe more?

X’s- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? Yes, of course the last thing on the list is 'Throw this list away'

Yard- Who does what? Our 'yard' consists of a parking lot and paving stones.

ZZZ’s- What is your last homemaking task of the day? Cooking dinner, after that I'm done for the day. All of the dishes and whatever can be done the next day, ensuring a never ending cycle....

That's it. Maybe one day I'll actually find a job and I can fill out a survey about that side of my life... here's hoping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staying at home these days eh? Been sucked into any soap operas yet?

It's nice to keep up with you on this blog Robin. Keep it up! Think the tagline at the top might read "husband" now?